Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sasha's in Deep Trouble and the Drive to Tombstone

Date: May 26
Day: 12
RV Miles: 1,585
Location: Huachuca City, AZ
Elevation: 4,412

If you don’t know where Huachuca City is located don’t worry, I’m there and I don’t know where it is either. Larry says it’s about ten miles from Tombstone, which from the look of the land around here is about 60 miles outside of Nowhere.

I think this morning Sasha pushed her luck a bit too far. Sasha is really into this vacation and she is always going, ‘Like awesome way cool’ and stuff like that. Well every morning at first light, which has been running 5:00 AM to 5:30 AM local time, she wakes up and is ready to party. As she puts it, “Like come-on dude, its awesome, the sun’s up. Like daylight a-wastin’. – Let’s PARTY!. Time to like get Larry up.” (She knows getting Marsha up is a lost cause.)

Normally, I do everything in my power to ignore her, but with this one rare exception I cooperate with her because getting Larry up is followed rapidly by going outside and getting fed in that order, both of which I am in favor of. So while Sasha whines and yips, I stand up and wag my tail so it hits the walls and cabinets in the bedroom: whomp – whap – boom – wack – twack etc. It makes a hell of an annoying noise that is impossible for humans to ignore.

Well Larry thinks he is on vacation and has a right to sleep in and not get up at first light. The commotion Sasha and I make eventually convinces Larry he is not going to get anymore sleep and persuades him to get up, which is rapidly followed by going out and getting fed. Normally this is neat, but . . .

This morning she pushed the envelope a bit too far. It was not 5:00 or 5:30 it was more like 4:00 AM as in Oh-dark-hundred in military time. I refused to help her get Larry up and told her it would be best to reconsider, but she went ahead anyway. I think Larry was already at the end of his get-up-time rope and to say that he was none to pleased would be putting it mildly. I heard Larry and Marsha talking this afternoon about strong anti-Sasha-countermeasures. We will have to see what happens.

Anyway, we had a nice pleasant drive to where ever we are and I guess we plan on staying here until after the Memorial Day weekend. They are also going to use this stop to let their mail catch up with them. I think tomorrow is going to be a day of chores for Larry and Marsha – laundry, cleaning etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment