Friday, May 28, 2010

Arizona Wine Country











Date: Thursday May 27
Day: 13
RV Miles: 1,585
Location: Huachuca City, AZ
Elevation: 4,412

For the life if me, I still don’t know where Hauchuca City is, but I met a Mexican Chihuahua and he told me how to pronounce it. Wa – Chew – Ka. The emphasis is on the “chew” and when you say the name it should almost sound like you are sneezing.

The battle of wills and intellects continues between the human camp and Sasha. I told you earlier that she thinks she is running the show, well she still is. The anti-Shasha-counter-measures Larry and Marsha dreamt up didn’t work. What they tried was putting Shasha in her cage and covering it with blankets in the hope of blocking out the sun in the morning. It didn’t work. We drug Larry’s sorry butt out of Bed at precisely 4:57 AM today. He is very none-to-happy and has vowed to figure out a way to get to sleep in. My money is on Sasha.

It was a pretty good day today. Marsha did laundry and a few domestic chores, Larry worked on some exterior storage and holding tank problems and I stood guard duty. Sasha kept trying to find a way to be in the way.

Mid-afternoon Larry and Marsha took off towards Arizona wine country about 30 miles west of here and left me to baby-sit Sasha. They must have had a good time cause they came back half-lit (Larry said they were wine tasting. ) had some crazy tee shirts and about a dozen bottles of wine.

The first picture above is what Larry says the Arizona wine country looks like and the second picture is of the Sonoita Winery. Larry and Marsha have bestowed upon the Sonoita Winery the distinction of being the second most remote place they have ever been. It is about 3 miles outside of Elgin, Arizona. If you wonder what Elgin Arizona looks like, look at the first picture again. That’s it. It’s not just a wide spot in the road; it is a “T” in the road.

I asked Larry what’s up for tomorrow and he told me: First, I am going to sleep in (I doubt it) and second Marsha and I are going into Tombstone to see the re-enactment of the gunfight at the OK corral.

No comments:

Post a Comment