Friday, July 23, 2010

Old Faithful



The "Old Faithful" Show



An Elk spending a lazy afternoon watching the tourists watch the elk.




Good thing we stayed home. When Sasha saw the picture she said, "Grrrrr, let me at him, I can take him in a hearbeat."



Lewis Falls



A waterfall near Goldengate







The "Golden Gate" trestle. Originally built from timber in 1888, this tressel cut the travel time to the inner park by over a half day.

Date: Thursday, July 22nd
Day: 69
RV Miles: 6,009
Location: Gardiner, Montana (about 600 feet from the Roosevelt Arch)
Elevation: 5,403

Not much news today. Larry and Marsha headed for the park and left us in the RV – bummer. Although it wasn’t too bad; some guy came around every two hours to walk us and give us dog treats. Since Sasha was kept in her crate, she couldn’t bug me so I could catch up on my nap time.

Larry told me his primary objective for the day was to get to see Old Faithful do its thing and they apparently did that. After I looked at the pictures they brought back, I am sorta getting the impression that Larry and/or Marsha has a fixation with waterfalls. That seems to be the vacation theme. Larry said they covered about 160 miles looking hither, thither and yon and just enjoying the park.

If you are keeping track, so far they have seen a black bear, a grizzly bear, antelope, bison, mountain goats, deer and today they saw their first elk. Marsha really wants to see a moose so Larry found out where to go to see moose. Unfortunately it would mean that Marsha has to get up at 5AM. With that news she gave up on Yellowstone Moose and told Larry, “Take me to the zoo one day.”

As a side note, in the RV next to us are two King Charles Spaniels just like Sasha. One was a rescue and is still a bit shy and skittish but the other one, named Cooper, is 5 days younger than Sasha. Lets just say they hit it off. Sasha started flirting and it was all over from there. Sheesh! For the last two nights Sasha has gone over to Coopers to play for about an hour. I told her not to get her heart too involved because I just know Cooper is a love ‘em, Leave ‘em type of guy, but she won’t listen to me.

Larry said tomorrow will be a quest to see Tower, Upper and Lower falls. See what I mean with the waterfall thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment