Sunday, July 4, 2010

Halfway Dinner



The halfway feast, Steak, salad, potatoes, french garlic bread, chocolate fudge cake w/ ice cream and champaign.



Here's to you. Notice Sasha and I patiently waiting to be fed also.



Larry with a full stomach - you can tell, look at the smile



Sasha and I have had a long hard day


Date: Wednesday, June 30th
Day: 47
RV Miles: 4,713
Location: Forks, WA
Elevation: 299

As you already know we landed in Forks, Washington based on Sasha frantic post. The crazy girl believes the Twilight book series is a true autobiography of Bella Swan. As Larry and Marsha have chauffeured me around town, I couldn’t help but notice all of the Twilight souvenir shops and hoards of young girls milling about. It’s crazy, and it must have something to do with the absence of a Y chromosome.

Anyway, we got to Forks and as promised Larry and Marsha had their halfway celebration dinner. Actually, it wasn’t much of a celebration, more like a wake. I had a hard time getting into it as well – they had steak and I didn’t even get any table scraps. What is this world coming to?

Larry told me in confidence that while he was laying in bed this morning he was thinking about how much he was enjoying this vacation. That train of thought lead to a question, “What had he enjoyed more than this vacation.” He couldn’t think of anything, so he changed the question, “If this is the thing I have enjoyed most in my life, what would have been number 2?” His answer was, “his childhood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment