Sunday, June 27, 2010

San Francisco Part 2



Alcatraz through the Bay smog



WWII Submarine




WWII Liberty Ship



1880 Sailing Ship



Skyline of San Francisco from the deck of the sailing ship



Powell - Hyde Line Cable Care Turn-around

Date: Monday, June 21th
Day: 38
RV Miles: 3,894
Location: Petaluma, CA
Elevation: 71 ft

Sasha and I had a great day. Well Sasha had a great day and I had a good day. If you remember, Larry and Marsha had us “approved” by a local Doggie Day-care Resort and Spa. Well that is where we spent the day while the humans headed into San Francisco. The Spa was really neat. They put us in a room with about 40 other dogs and pretty much spent the day smelling butts and meeting other dogs. Sasha on the other hand, figured she was put there to bring order out of the chaos of 40 dogs milling about and started bossing everyone around.

When Sasha wants to pester me, she starts biting at my legs or jumping up trying to bite my neck or ears. Well, as soon as they turned us loose with all of the other dogs, Sasha picked out the biggest dog in the room and tore into him, “Hey dude, there’s like a new totally awesome sheriff in town – ME! Like I’m in charge now.” Well anyway, one good thing came out of the trip to the doggie day-care. Sasha got a much-needed bath. Her coat was all grimy and the white was all gray looking. I am much more low-maintenance than the “princess” with short black hair I don’t show the dirt as much, besides I am constantly giving myself a bath unlike Sasha who expects to be waited on paw and paw.

While I was sniffing butt, Larry and Marsha went into San Francisco. Larry tells me he was very befuddled because the first place they went was Fisherman’s Warf. He had steeled himself and mentally prepared for a day of grazing and shopping with Marsha. Instead, Marsha went all historical on him and they wound up at the Maritime Museum. There they toured a World War II submarine and Liberty Ship as well as a three masted sailing ship.

After the museum they took a cable car ride and after a bunch of walking around and bobble-heading by Marsha they called it a day. Alas, this is their last tourist day in the Bay area.

Tomorrow they will kick back and relax a bit before heading off on their next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment